🌱Grant For Multigenerational Playground + Mountain Lions In CT
Hi friends. It’s Monday at The Haddams-Killingworth and I’m back in your inbox to update you on the biggest things happening in town. I’m going right now.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Quite sunny. High: 83 Low: 68.
Here are the three main stories of The Haddams-Killingworth today:
- The city of Haddam is reportedly applying for a state grant to build a multigenerational park at Haddam Elementary School. According to an article on HK Now.com, a multi-generational park is more than just a playground or playscape for children. It offers activities for people of all ages and abilities. The grant application includes the construction of a sidewalk between the school and the Higganum Center. The city is also seeking funding for a generator with the idea of using HES as an emergency shelter, cooling center, pantry cold storage area, and possibly a future seniors and community center.”HKNow.com)
- Looking for a new home, and want the latest announcements on what’s available near you? Maybe you could use some help finding the perfect place for you and your loved ones? Do not worry! To keep you in the game, we have the latest batch of new announcements nearby.
Here’s a sampling of the latest batch of homes on the housing market in and around The Haddams-Killingworth – like one in the East Haddam area with 3 beds and 3.5 baths for $975,000, and another in the Killingworth area with 2 bed and 1 bath for $305,000. (The Haddams-Killingworth Patch)
- A cougar has been spotted in Connecticut according to WTNH.com. The big cat has been seen on Salem Road and Pease Road in Woodbridge and although this is a long way from Haddam and Killingworth it is still worth mentioning in our towns, to ensure residents are aware that these large predators live among us in the Nutmeg State. Be careful and be vigilant not to let small animals out alone, especially at night. (WTNH.com)
Help us improve this newsletter!
We’ve received so many positive comments on The Haddams-Killingworth Daily that we’re starting to get big heads. Want to bring us back to earth with constructive feedback? If that is the case, take our simple – and fast! — reader survey. Your feedback will help us make sure we’re covering the kind of local news, events and gossip that really matters to you. And it will help us achieve our goal of being an indispensable local resource and the last email you unsubscribe from.
We would so appreciate your feedback that if you complete the survey, we will enter your email address in a drawing for a little patch swag mountain. You know you want this tote bag – so click the link and give it to us direct. Thanks!
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- Your CBD store | SUNMED-Clinton! ECONOMIC THURSDAYS! (July 14th)
- How to be the American you always thought you were (July 16)
- Math Boot Camps for Grades 4-10 (August 8)
- Add your event
You are now aware and ready to go out this Monday! See you tomorrow for your next update.
— Karena Garry
About Me: I am originally from Connecticut and currently reside in the Tri-Town community of Chester, Deep River and Essex. I’ve been a community journalist for most of the past 20 years. I love my small town community and am honored to be part of Patch.com. You can reach me at; email@example.com.
Got a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming The Haddams-Killingworth Daily? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org